Month: March 2008
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:30-31
I’ve seen this meme on a few blogs so thought I’d share too. Isn’t that name just so funny, “meme”. Anyway, here goes:
4 Jobs I’ve Had:
- Dairy Queen – not sure what my title was. Maybe, “person who worked at DQ that also ate alot of DQ”
- Pizza Maker at Little Ceasar’s – I believe I had that job for about 5 days
- Training Manager
4 Shows on my DVR (or Tivo if that’s what you have):
- Jon & Kate Plus 8
- Amazing Race (when the season starts it will be)
- Some 4 Wheel Truck show that Hubby records but forces me to watch every Saturday morning
4 Places I’ve Been:
- Costa Rica – I can’t remember the exact place, but it was a small jungle village near the coast. Amazing!
- Jonestown, MS
- New Smyrna Beach, FL (Hello O. and family! 🙂 )
- Europe (I know that’s pretty general, went on a 7 country tour with band/choir, I couldn’t decide which actually location to list!)
4 Favorite Foods:
- Crab legs
- Chips and dip (mostly regular chips with sour cream & onion dip)
4 CDs songs on my Ipod recently listened to:
- Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman
- Set The World On Fire by Britt Nicole
- Hallelujah, Jesus by Monk & Neagle
- Glorious One by Fee
4 Things You Can Do To Make My Day:
- Clean my bathroom (Arrgghh, I hate cleaning my bathroom)
- Cook supper
- Pick up the dog poop in our back yard (Ick!)
- Redecorate my bedroom, well I should say decorate because it’s not really decorated right now
4 Pets I’ve Had
- Rabbit named Thumper. He died suddenly from a fungus or something. It was so tragic for me.
- Fawn. Yes we did have a pet fawn. I can’t remember the name though.
- Physco cat named AJ. After torturing our family for a few years my dad said he gave it to a farmer. We later came to find out he dropped it off near a farm. Poor AJ.
- And the three dogs we have now, Ed, Allie and Charlie
4 Places I would like to go:
- Washington DC with my family (I’ve been there but I’d love to go with Hubs and the kids)
- South Africa (My brother’s girlfriend is from there)
- A place I can’t wait to go – Heaven!
4 Memories from childhood
- Shearing sheep every year
- Lambing every year and all the “pet” lambs we’d have
- Playing at my grandparents house every summer (playing with matches behind the propane tank – got busted for that one!)
- The family vacation we took from SD to CA to OR back to SD – all six of us in a car.
4 of my Favorite Movies:
- Anne of Green Gables
- Sound of Music
- Little Women
- Amazing Grace
4 People I Tag (sorry if any of you have already done this):
I am no expert at marriage. This is my second marriage so obviously I’m not one to tell you how to make a marriage work. Wait, I take that back. I made some major mistakes so I am qualified to tell you what not to do. But that’s another post.
Anyway, today I would like to share a little advise about something very simple that often cause big problems and miscommunication for married couples.
Toothpaste. Where to squeeze from. Forgetting to put the lid back on. Leaving a mess.
It’s really very simple friends. Forget about Starbucks today and go buy another tube of toothpaste for goodness sakes. Problem solved! He can squeeze from the bottom and you can squeeze from wherever your heart desires.
I know that doesn’t really solve the problem of leaving a mess but c’mon. That’s really a pretty easy one too. Just be considerate of your spouse’s feelings and clean up your mess.
Now go kiss that wonderful spouse of yours and quit fighting about the toothpaste!
Belle baby has been very cranky lately. She’s still getting over her little bout with whatever she had. And she’s had alot of mommy and daddy time the past four days so she wants no one but mommy or daddy.
On Wednesdays I go to work at 4:00 pm. Normally Hubby is able to come home to watch her but last night he couldn’t get off so Princess agreed to watch her for an hour or so. I left the house at 3:30 pm and at 4:00 pm I got a text that said, “She won’t stop screaming.”
Arrgghh. I couldn’t get in touch with Hubby so told Princess she could bring Belle to the church. On the way to the church Belle was crying so hard she threw up. She was so upset. I was in a meeting in the Youth Room and as soon as Princess handed her to me she stopped crying. Pastor Paul said, “Isn’t it just amazing how you have become her mother.”
Yes, amazing. I think about that often. I am her mother. When she was created I wasn’t her mom. When she was born I wasn’t her mom. God knew before the beginning of time that I would be her mom but it’s just amazing how I had to “become her mom.” And how amazing that whole concept even is.
And then last night I was thinking about adoption. How God has adopted us. Chose us to be His own. Just like Belle is only content in the arms of her mom or dad, He longs for us to be content only in His arms. To not allow the arms of the world to consume us. Oh how much the Creator of the Universe must love us to give up His Son so that we could be blessed with having a relationship with Him.
Every time I look at my daughter I think about adoption. Not her adoption, but my own. I am loved by the King and I sense His loving arms holding me. And for that I am thankful.
Visit Sting My Heart to read more about thankfulness.