1. I had my 6 week post baby check up yesterday. Everything is looking good and I actually weighed a little less then I thought I did. Four pounds less, but hey, four pounds is four pounds!
2. Hubby made chili last night because his work is having a chili cook off (he won last year!). He’s a great cook and so I made him write down the recipe – he doesn’t use a recipe, he just throws things together – I hate people like that. Anyway, I wanted him to write it down because I’m going to send it in to Food Network’s Ultimate Recipe Showdown and I’m pretty sure he’s going to win and I think there’s a big money prize and then I can be a stay at home mom!
3. Last night I watched Another Cinderella Story with Princess. I won’t say it was a total waste of 2 hours but when “Cinderella” dropped her Zune before the clock struck midnight instead of her slipper I knew we were in for some major cheese.
4. Belle is officially weaned from her bottle. We had alot of whining and crying this morning when she woke up but eventually she realized her sippy cup will just have to do. I know she’ll always be my baby girl but I wish she could stay a baby girl for just a little while longer, ya know.
5. My new favorite place is the shower. I was always a quick shower taker but since having the two babies any time Hubby is home to watch the babies I’ll take a very very very long very very very hot shower and just imagine all the overwhelmtion running right down the drain.
6. Speaking of the shower, I think I have a bright idea. A Pastor/friend once reminded us that we are constantly thinking or talking to ourselves. Maybe you hadn’t thought of that but as you go through the day you really are thinking about things and talking to yourself about things. So he suggested instead of talking to yourself that we should use that time to talk to the Lord. Well as I was in the shower the other day I was thinking about this – instead of talking to the Lord – duh. But I was thinking about the very very very long showers I’ve been taking lately and how that’s kind of a waste of time. Kind of. My sanity needs those showers.
Anyway, I decided that I could use that time to memorize scripture. So I’m going to type up a bunch of scripture and then laminate the pages and put them on the wall in the shower. Although I haven’t quite figured out how to make the pages stay up on the wall of the shower.
7. My weekend plans consist of: dinner and a movie tonight with Hubby (Grama’s in town again to spoil watch the babies), do the bills, pick up dog doo doo in the back yard, finish cleaning my bedroom and bedroom closet, finish putting together Pip’s bedroom as he was recently promoted to a crib, get groceries, take Grama Barb out for her birthday and watch the Super Bowl at home with Hubby and the babies.
In my dreams, right. The only thing I can guarantee will happen is our date tonight. Even the Super Bowl is questionable because lately when the babies sleep, we sleep. Oh, how times have changed!
Have a great weekend! And don’t forget to stop by Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.