1. It’s Friday again. Can you believe it? This week has gone by incredibly fast. Probably because I’m back to work and so life is crazy at home running kids from here to there and trying to get to work on time. Plus since I’m only part-time right now I’m pretty swamped at work although that has been good because it makes the time go by fast. I just wish my time at home with the kids wouldn’t go by so fast!
2. Our precious Little Pip is getting baptized this weekend. Although it’s a very special day we look forward to the day when both Pip and Belle make a personal commitment to the Lord. We have about 20 family and friends that will be joining us for the baptism and then we’re treating everyone to supper at The Pizza Ranch. Yummy!
3. I actually got my rear on the treadmill on Tuesday night and walked for 20 minutes. Unfortunately my plan to get up early and walk hasn’t worked out so well. So then I planned to walk in the evening after Belle goes to sleep thus the 20 minute walk on Tuesday night. Well Wednesday night Hubby walked and I figured it couldn’t possible handle two walks in one night. And last night, well I was having baby withdrawal and needed to hold Pip all night.
I guess I’ll start my diet tomorrow.
4. Hubby has an Xbox and plays either football or a car racing game after the kids are in the bed and I’m exercising online. It’s all fine and dandy but do they really need to have women on the games that are practically naked and perfectly proportioned? Isn’t it enough that we are bombarded with it on tv and in magazines. Maybe I’m just a fuddy duddy but I think it’s absolutely ridiculous. And I’m sure Hubby does too.
5. Speaking of Hubby, who is amazing by the way, he bought me a scrapbooking organizer tote thing the other day. Just because.
6. Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of the Lenten Season. I’ve been thinking about if I should give something up this year and if so what. At first I thought of chocolate but I’m all about realistic goals people.
Honestly when I think of the sacrifice that my Savior Jesus made for me I’m ashamed to admit arguing with myself about what to give up and thinking I just can’t live without some things. I’ve become such a spoiled follower of Christ. I rationalize everything away.
TV? Nope, because Hubby will want to watch TV and then we won’t get to spend time together and that won’t be good for our marriage and that’s bad.
Chocolate? Nope, because Princess will want chocolate and want to share it with me and it’s a bonding experience when we share chocolate.
Ok, that one was pretty lame even by my standards.
But it’s really made me stop and think about how real my faith is. What am I willing to sacrifice? I’m not sure that I have the answer today.
7. In staff devotions yesterday our Pastor shared from Luke 5:1-11. It was such an encouragement to read and study this passage. We talked about the blessing of obedience. Now I’m not talking about financial blessing, although sometimes that is the case. The blessing is different for everyone when they obey. For Simon Peter it was the blessing of the huge catch of fish and most of all the call to follow Jesus.
I feel so amazed and unworthy that God has chosen to bless us. When I recommitted my life to the Lord I felt Him telling me to share my story. I didn’t want to but I obeyed and through that came the blessing of Princess and Hubby coming to Christ. When we so desperately wanted children after many years of infertility the Lord told us to wait. First to let go of O. our foster child. Then to wait one year to pursue adoption. And then not from the country we were hoping to adopt from. It was so hard to lay that before the Lord and let it go but through His strength we did. And then in His perfect timing He saw fit to bless us with not one but two miracle babies.
I’m so thankful that my obedience has nothing to do with my strength or will or goodness. It’s only because Christ is working through me that I’m even able to obey. Is God calling you to obedience about something? As my mom told me when I cried over the phone about having to wait for adoption, “Missy you have to obey!” But take heart God will see you through and bring about an abundance of blessings.
There are many other 7 Quick Takes over at Conversion Diary! Have a great weekend!