I’m just making up the “prayer request edition” myself. Hope that’s ok and doesn’t get me booted out of the 7 Quick Takes Friday circle!
There’s been alot going on in our life lately and because I firmly believe in the power of prayer I wanted to ask you to pray for some things.
1. Hubby’s mom Barb. She had knee replacement surgery on Tuesday of this week. Everything went really well and she was hoping to get home on Thursday. Well on Wednesday evening I believe things started going wrong. We’re not exactly sure what happened but they are now looking at her heart and she was transferred to the cardiac unit. That’s gotta be fun having just had knee replacement surgery! Please pray for healing for Barb, wisdom for doctors and for Hubby and the rest of the family.
Here’s a really bad picture of Princess and Belle 🙂 but a good one of Barb!
2. My dad Al. They had a scare Wednesday night. He woke up at 1 am screaming in pain. Mom thought he was having a heart attack. They rush to the hospital and it turns out he was having a severe muscle spasm in his back. He’s a house parent for ten middle school girls and earlier in the week they had taken them roller skating. I guess dad was a pro until he got off the rink and fell hard on his back. And he’s also been working hard on a major landscaping project so all that combined made his back revolt! He’s on bed rest now for at least three days and I imagine in some pretty intense pain.
My dad with Pip.
3. My shoulder. Hubby claims it was an accident and I suppose I believe him. The other day I was putting Belle in her car seat and Hubby was sitting in the driver’s seat with the door open. Belle’s car seat is right behind the driver’s side and when I finished buckling her up I closed the van door and then backed up a little. At that exact time Hubby shut his door. Hard. And shut my shoulder in the door. Hard. It’s continued to get worse and I’m pretty sure it’s the same shoulder that I strained right after Pip was born. It makes it very difficult to carry about Belle or Pip. Not to mention just do normal stuff.
4. My surgery. It’s coming up fast. Tuesday, April 28th. There’s a slight chance I will reschedule if Barb is still in the hospital. Hubby doesn’t need to be worrying about both of us plus take care of the babies. And although it’s a royal pain it wouldn’t be life threatening to reschedule. I’ll keep you posted but in the meantime please pray that I would be able to get everything done that I need to get done before surgery. It’s real busy at work and I have some big projects I have to get finished. And then pray for a quick recovery.
5. Our Princess. Twenty-two days until she graduates. WWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Sixteen weeks until she goes to college. NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But we’re ok with it. Really.
We still have alot to do before her graduation open house on May 16th. Hubby needs to finish the deck. I have some major cleaning to do. Although with my shoulder, surgery and two babies I’m thinking I might just end up doing minor cleaning. We made good progress on her scrapbooks last weekend but still have a ways to go. It’s actually good timing with my surgery because hopefully that second week I’m home I’ll be feeling good enough to get some scrap booking done. And maybe clean my windows. Or maybe I’ll just hire someone to clean my house for me.
Our beautiful Princess!
6. Belle and Pip. Pray that they would continue to be healthy. That the Lord would protect them. That we would know how to train them and teach them. That some day they would commit their lives to Jesus.
Pip “tackling” Belle! 🙂
7. Hubby. He has alot on his plate at work and is also taking on alot at home right now. With his mom being unable to care for the kids and now her not doing well, with my surgery coming up, with everything that needs to get done for Princess’s graduation. Pray that he would rest in the arms of Jesus. And pray for me too that I would be a good encouragement to him.
And this defies all logic but he would like to request that you pray for the NFL draft tomorrow. That the Patriots make good decisions and have a good draft.
p.s. PLEASE pray for me too!
Check out Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes Friday. And have a great weekend!