1. I learned that as soon as I reschedule my surgery I have a couple of bad days right in a row. Figures.
But unfortunately there’s just too much going on right now in our life and I was on the verge of completely losing my mind. I’m rescheduled for June 29. Things should be quieter at work and hopefully me and the kiddos can take some time and go stay with my parents for at least a week.
2. Hubby’s mom is still in the hospital and we’ve spent alot of time there the past week. I learned that Belle is probably the only one on the face of the earth that LOVES the hospital. LOVES. I think it has to do with the fact that she loves to ride the elevator. And loves to talk to people in the elevator. And loves to run out of the elevator. And run back in the elevator.
MckMama recently posted about the unspoken rules of riding in elevators. Just for the record these rules do not apply when you are accompanied with a 18 month old beautiful red head.
3. I learned that the time we’ve spent at the hospital the past week has not been good for our desire to lose weight. I can neither confirm nor deny whether the yummy, moist, amazing chocolate cake with thick rich frosting that you can find in the cafeteria has had anything to do with it.
And people say hospital food is bad. Ya, bad for weight loss.
4. I learned that when I get ticked at my husband if I do not deal with it immediately I continue to think of reason after reason as to why I should be upset with him and why he’s such an idiot (even though he’s not). On Sunday night I was irked about something – can’t really even remember what now – but within the next 30 minutes I had convinced myself that he alone was responsible for World War 2 and the return of plaid.
Oh you never do that? Guess it’s just me.
5. I learned that I love my kiddos so much. Yes I did know this before this week but it seems that each and every day the Lord reminds me to cherish these precious blessings.
Princess’s last prom. She’s beautiful! And she’s pretty beautiful on the outside too!
Belle saying “I ruff you”. And counting to 10 all by herself.
Little Pip just being the cutest, chubbiest baby in the entire world! And his laugh is to die for.
Prince. We haven’t seen him much lately. I think about him and pray for him every day. We miss him so much.
That’s what I learned this week. Honestly I learned a lot more. I guess that’s another thing I learned this week. To keep some things to myself!
Check out Musings of a Housewife for more of what others have learned.