For those of you new to my blog this week has been dedicated to our Princess who is graduating from high school on Sunday. And so I’m also going to dedicate this week’s edition of “What I Learned This Week” to Princess, except we’ll change it up a bit!
What I’ve Learned This Year About Princess
1. I’ve learned that she’s an amazing big sister. There have been very few times that she has said no to our requests to babysit. Even when she knows there’s a good chance she won’t get paid! She’s patient with her little sister and loves to just hold and kiss both of her little siblings. I also learned that Belle will probably miss her big sister next year more than anyone else.
2. I’ve learned that I love it that Princess and her cousin are so close. They’ve had a tradition of going out to eat for lunch every Thursday and then on Fridays they go eat lunch at Grandma’s house. And sometimes on other days of the week they’ll eat at our house. I’m so thankful they’ve done this because it will be memories they’ll treasure forever.
3. I’ve learned that Princess makes our home so much more cheerier and happier and friendlier and sillier and crazier. And what in the world are we going to do without all the silliness and craziness?
4. I’ve learned that I’ve treasured the times Princess and I have cooked together. And just maybe I’ve taught her a few things about cooking.
Ok, maybe not.
5. I’ve learned that Princess asks great questions that help us strengthen our faith. She challenges us and helps us to walk closer to the Lord. Her example of reading her Bible and writing devotions have been such a blessing to us.
6. I’ve learned that Princess is a great friend. She reaches out to so many – both close friends and not so close friends. She’s having coffee with a different friend at least once a week and is always being a great encourager to her friends. I admire this in her so much and it helps me to be a better friend.
7. I’ve learned that Hubby is in denial (even more than I am) and is going to miss his baby girl Princess so very much. And I pray that Princess never ever forgets that the best dancing partner a girl can have is her daddy.
Check out Musings of a Housewife for more of what others have learned this week.