Well of course it’s a Princess edition! If you’ve been around this week you’ll know that Grasp the Love is dedicated to Princess this week as she’ll be graduating from high school in TWO DAYS!
1. First of all it’s 4:00 am and I’m wondering why I’m not sleeping. Pip woke up at 3:00 am wanting a little snack and now I’m struggling with going back to sleep. Of course it might be easier to sleep if I was laying in my bed instead of sitting at the computer. Well there’s plenty of time to sleep after Princess’s big weekend. Which by the way IS HERE!
2. First (well actually second) of all a list. This is everything I still have to do before the party TOMORROW! Yes, around here most kids have their graduation open houses the day before graduation. Her party is Saturday from Noon-4:00 and her graduation is Sunday at 1:00 pm. We really have no idea how many people will be coming on Saturday. We’re estimating around 300.
Oh my word.
Anyway, to my list:
Meet my parents 1/2 way between our house and their house this morning. They are taking Belle and Pip today and overnight so we can have some uninterrupted time to get things done. (We just got home!) And can I just say that I’m struggling with this. Yes I know they’ll be fine and probably never want to come home but this is Pip’s first time being away over night and oh my goodness my heart is heavy that both my babies are going to be gone overnight. Ok, thanks for that. Moving on…
-Finish cleaning (dust, sweep, mop, vaccuum and windows)
-Finish scrapbooking. Unfortunately I have about 600 hours worth of scrapbooking left. I’m just going to get done what I can – obviously.
-Decorate and set up tables and put out eating utensils and all that stuff.
-Put out Princess’s pictures, scrapbooks, art, etc.
-Put away Belle’s and Caleb’s toys and books.
-Plant flowers and bushes (maybe – this is low priority but if we have time we will)
-Enjoy a relaxing evening with Hubby and Princess (maybe – this is high priority but depends how much we get done!)
3.This past week as I’ve blogged about Princess you may come to think that she’s perfect. Or that I think she’s perfect. Well I figured I should just come right out and say that no, I do not think she’s perfect. For example:
-When she comes home from lunch she often makes a grilled cheese or some other sandwich and uses the Foreman Grill. She always leaves the grill on the counter. Every. single. time. This makes me wonder why she can’t put the Foreman Grill away. Is it too hot? Does she forget? Does she just know I’ll do it?
-Sometimes she’ll leave her laundry basket in the laundry room. You may think that’s exactly where the laundry basket should go. Well yes, but when she does this she doesn’t say, “hey sweet step-mommy can you do my laundry?” or “hey, sweet step-mommy, I did a load of laundry and left mine in the laundry room for the next load.” No, she just leaves her clothes thinking that the laundry fairy will do them.
Ok, obviously I’m really stretching here to make you think Princess isn’t perfect. And if I thought hard enough I could probably think of a few other things but honestly, it’s a given she’s not perfect and she’d be the first to admit it, but she’s a pretty amazing girl and so let’s get back to focusing on how God has blessed her and used her and how she makes our family so great!
4. When Princess turned 16 her mommy bought her a car. Princess named her car Betsy. Yes, Princess names vehicles. I think our van’s name is Bob but I can’t remember for sure.
Anyway, Betsy has been a good car these past few years. She’s pretty reliable but is a Ford Focus and so kinda small. Princess will be driving four hours to school in the Fall plus driving in a big city. And so I’ve been wondering if for graduation Princess is getting a new car from her mommy.
(Princess, I have no evidence to back this up – I’m just wondering).
5. For Princess’s graduation party we were in charge of the desserts and punch.
First of all – any good punch recipes out there?
Princess wanted mini-desserts instead of cake and we were going to make them. Cheesecakes, cupcake balls, mini-brownies.
Thankfully we all came to our senses and last night drove to Sam’s Club, purchased about 4678 pieces of mini desserts, drove home and put them in the freezer.
And yes, Hubby and I had to test the desserts last night. YUM. O.
6. Princess’s mom is in charge of the food portion of the party. Princess convinced her to go with walking tacos (mini-bags of Doritos and then you add all the taco toppings) and she’s also making three different kinds of salads.
And remember we have approximately 4678 pieces of dessert. Did I mention you’re invited? I’m pretty sure we’re going to be eating cheesecake and walking tacos until the end of time. Not that I’m complaining or anything.
7. I can’t believe the today is Princess’s last day of high school. I remember when we first met. She thought I was pretty cool (even though I was the farthest thing from cool). And then eventually she didn’t like me so much. And then she did. And then she didn’t. Now I think she does. At least when I do her laundry and put away her messes! 🙂
We love our Princess so much and are so proud of her. Later today Hubby will have a special post for Princess. I know many of you aren’t online on the weekends (and that’s awesome!) but we’re making an exception this weekend and I’ll be posting Hubby’s post plus pictures from tomorrow!
Thanks for praying for our sweet girl (and us too!). Have a great weekend. And don’t forget to stop by Conversion Diary for more Quick Take Fridays.