Month: September 2009
The other day I mentioned how I used to think I was a laundry failure. Then a few months ago was enlightened and now I know I’m just a normal person. Well at least as far as laundry goes.
And because I obviously need to get a life or something I’ve been thinking more lately about my laundry. And I have a confession to make.
I wear something just once and then it goes in the laundry.
Along with all the other problems in my life, I’m going to blame this one on my Hubby. I’m pretty sure that before we got married I would for sure wear pants at least twice, maybe three times. Not sure about shirts. But when I met him I discovered that he would wear something and it would go in the laundry that night. To be honest even it it was worn only half a day – not sure when that would happen but I’m trying to make a point – it would go in the laundry.
For some reason I changed my launderin’ ways and now I put my clothes in the laundry after wearing them only once.
While I was thinking about all this I started thinking that I would like to know if I really am a laundry freak (as opposed to just a freak) or if I’m a normal laundry person. I suppose there’s not really a “normal” when it comes to laundry. You just do what you do and that’s that.
But I still want to know. So please fill out this poll. You don’t get anything other than the satisfaction of knowing you’ve satisfied my…. well, sorry, I guess you really don’t get anything. But do it anyway. Please. Ok, thanks.
(And if you’re reading this on Facebook you might have to go to my actual blog to do the poll. I’m not sure.)
I’m off to think some more about really important things. Or not.
1. I learned that as soon as our house went off the market (we now have it listed ourselves) that my clean house turned into a war zone.
2. I learned that I don’t like coming home and knowing that Princess won’t be coming home too.
3. I learned that it sounded really silly when I said to Hubby, “The batteries died in my mop.” Yet I wouldn’t trade my battery operated mop (Swiffer Wet Jet) for anything.
4. I learned that when Angel sleeps in her bed she sleeps all curled up in a teeny tiny little ball. But every once in awhile she’ll sleep in our bed (after waking up in the middle of the night) and for some reason she thinks it necessary to sprawl completely out, stretched out as far as she can stretch, laying across the bed.
5. I learned that for some reason I’ll pray once about a situation but then don’t pray about it again for a few days. I recently remembered though that God wants us to be like the widow (Luke 18) who went to the judge over and over and over. He wants to hear our pleas and cries for help and He never grows weary of them.
6. I learned that it seems like overnight Angel has turned into a big girl. She’s so witty and funny and I wish I could record every single thing she says. Tonight she came into the kitchen while I was making supper and said, “Ohhhh I’m so tired!”.
We were potty training this weekend and she was sitting on the potty but was messing around. I said to her “Angel, you need to focus.” And she said, “No, you need to focus!” Little stinker!
She usually prays at dinner (repeats what we say) and tonight after she said “AMEN!” I said to her, “Angel who are we praying to?”. She said, “We pray to Jesus.”. Nothing sweeter than that!
7. I learned that my Hubby has turned into a crazy blog addict.
And now I know how he’s felt about me blogging and just maybe every once in awhile being on the computer too much.
8. I learned that it’s SO frustrating that Caleb will not sit down in the tub. But it’s also SO cute to see his mischievous little face as he tries to stand up.
9. I learned that Angel misses her big sister Princess. She was mad at me the other day about something and was whining and then said, “I need Holly!”.
10. I learned that I love Psalm 105:1-5. That it’s a great encouragement to me and a wonderful promise of God’s strength and love.
What did you learn this week? Head over to Musings of a Housewife for more of what others have learned.
The only thing we had planned this weekend was to do nothing. And then I decided Friday afternoon that we should work on potty training Angel. She’s been telling us when she has to go and so even though I was hoping to wait until we sold the house I figured I should get going on it.
We decided that Friday nights would be our “family night” – remember last week we got penny per ounce slushies? Well we forgot about the penny per ounce slushies but did get Little Ceasars pizza. And then watched way to many episodes of Phenius and Ferb.
Thus this post.
We also started some potty training Friday night. We don’t have a actual potty chair for Angel. Just the little rim thing that sits on the regular toilet. It took about four meltdowns for her to understand that she doesn’t get a treat (chocolate chips) every time she sits on the potty chair. She has to actually go potty. She couldn’t quite get that and so then I was questioning whether she really was ready to potty train. But then after awhile she actually did go potty on the potty chair and we had ourselves a very loud potty party with cheering, dancing and chocolate chips.
Saturday morning, we enjoyed another family tradition, homemade caramel rolls. And then about 9:30 am Pat decided to go on a bike ride. So the babies and I hung out, played and did laundry. Oh ya, I also asked Angel about 400 times if she needed to go potty. She did pretty good but it felt kinda forced. However we had a few potty parties Saturday morning too before taking a training break around 1:30 for naptime.
Pat got home around 1:00. We decided it was such a beautiful day that we needed to go to the park. I also had a list of things to get at Target and so asked Pat if he would take the kids to the park and then I could go to the store. By myself. Alone. Without the kids.
He’s amazing and agreed. I made my way to Target and decided to splurge and spend $1.50 for a Coke and popcorn. I would love to tell you that this little date with myself was amazing and relaxing and wonderful. Yes, it was kinda nice. I honestly can’t even remember the last time I was at the store by myself. But it was also a little too weird for me. And after about 8 minutes I missed my babies so rushed through the store getting what we needed (and nothing else! Woo hoo for self-control!) and got back to the park to find my Hubby and kiddos.
Saturday night we did much of the same thing we did Friday night. Nothing!
The babies slept in until 7:00 am on Sunday morning. This is amazing for our babies! They are both usually up by 6:00 am, 6:30 am at the latest. So it was nice to sleep in a little. We then went to church, got home around 12:30 pm, ate lunch, took naps, more laundry, playtime, ate supper, playtime, baths and bedtime for babies.
And just to be clear, when I say I did laundry and more laundry, what I actually mean is that I successfully washed and dried every single bit of our laundry. However the dried laundry is now sitting on our chair and ottoman waiting for the laundry fairies to put it away.
Oh wait wait. I take that back. If you look closely you’ll see the babies clothes aren’t there. That’s because I put Angel’s clothes away – yes away in her closet and drawers where they belong. Caleb’s made it off the main pile and is now in a pile in his bedroom waiting for the laundry fairies.
I found out a few months ago that I’m not the only one that does this with laundry – washes and dries it but doesn’t put it away. I can’t begin to tell you what a burden was lifted from my shoulders. I thought I was the biggest laundry failure until I found this out.
I won’t tell anyone that it was you, April and Emily, who freed me from this burden! Ok, moving on.
Sunday after naptime we did some more potty training. I was cleaning out Angel’s closet and drawers and she found her Dora underwear and was pretty excited about them. So we put them on – well Angel put them on. Things were going great for the first few hours. And then we got to bath time and went to put Angel on the potty one more time and turns out she had went poop in her underwear. Eeww! Unfortunately I’m a wimp and the poor Dora undies weren’t salvageable. And I’m also wondering if Angel really isn’t ready to potty train. My original plan was to do this method and I guess we kinda did that Sunday afternoon but it didn’t seem to make a difference in her wanting to go on the potty chair. I guess we’ll just keep plugging away and see how she does.
I just have to say in all humility that I made some rockin meals this weekend. But I’m not proud about it or anything. I’ll have to share more about that – the meals, not my pride – tomorrow. And I’ll give in update on our Grocery Challenge. Have a good Monday.