I’ve been in a funky funk lately. What’s a funky funk? Well it’s just another one of my made up expressions and it’s the only way to describe how I’ve been feeling lately. I can’t even describe it. Blah. Funky funk. That’s all I got. So even though I have 400 pictures to show you and another 200 stories to share, you’re going to get a funky funk list. Basically a list of unimportant random things.
Oh ya, it doesn’t get much better than this.
1. I’m a lamo tv watcher. I guess it’s probably a good thing but when I watch coverage of the Emmy’s and I realize I don’t know 80% of these so called famous people they are talking about, I feel like a real loser. The tv shows I’m watching and/or dvr’ing this fall are Top Chef, Project Runway, House and Chopped.
2. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chron 16:11 I love this verse. I found it earlier this week and have kept repeating it to myself.
3. My Hubby has a blog. Yes I know I already mentioned this earlier in the week but had to mention it again because not only does he have a blog but he’s actually blogging. Isn’t there a saying… “Blogging makes the heart go fonder?”. Hello?
4. I made a half batch of Chocolate Lava Cakes the other night. Angel and I had one of them as a before supper snack. And I left the other one out for Pat to eat after supper. While I gave the babies baths and got them ready for bed he cleaned up the dishes and THREW AWAY THE SECOND LAVA CAKE! It happened two days ago and I’m obviously still traumatized by it. I tried to convince him that he needed to make replacement cakes tonight but he wasn’t too convinced that was necessary.
5. I’m working hard to use all our apples from our orchard trip. I make a pork loin apple dinner thing the other night. Totally didn’t know what I was doing. Usually that’s a recipe for disaster but it actually ended up turning out ok. I had a pork loin thawed out and I cut it into thin pieces and put that in the frying pan with a little oil. I cooked it for awhile, no idea how long, and then put in thinly sliced apples and onions on top of all the pork loin. I added about a 1/2 cup of apple juice, salt and pepper and then put the lid on the pan and let it cook for 20 minutes or so. At the end I turned the oven on broil and put the pan in the oven without the lid for about 10 minutes to brown it up a little. It wasn’t like awesome good but it was ok good and we even finished off the leftovers for lunch the next day.
I still have about 20 apples left to use. Any good recipe suggestions??
6. I totally fell off the wagon as far as the grocery challenge goes. I had Pat go to the store the other night and had him buy chips and dip. CHIPS AND DIP! Talk about a major funky funk. I haven’t had chips and dip FOR EVVV ERRR! But I needed chips and dip. Even though it was $5 or so that I had to subtract from my grocery money. I’m pretty sure it was totally worth it though because it tasted awesome. At least the 3 chips I had tasted good. I didn’t finish off the whole bag in two nights. No, I would never do that.
7. Not only did the chips and dip totally bum me out when it comes to the grocery challenge but it probably wasn’t the best snack to have. I’m down to about 150 pounds – only 20 more to go! I haven’t really even tried to lose weight – ever since my surgery I’m just doing more and I’ve been trying to eat better. Well except when I eat a whole bag of chips and dip. But I’m thinking now I’ll have to actually start doing more exercise type stuff. Ick, I hate that kind of stuff!
8. Speaking of doing more, the past few nights that’s exactly what I haven’t been doing. Last night Caleb went to sleep at 6:30 pm, Angel went to sleep at 7:30 pm and I was asleep by 7:45 pm! What is up with that? We’ve all been battling colds so hopefully we’re on the road to recovery now.
Well, that’s all I’ve got for tonight. Let’s end on a good note:
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chron 16:11
Nothing funky funk about that!