1. I always want to start 7 Quick Takes Friday by saying, “It’s Friday!”. But isn’t that obvious? Anyway.
Tomorrow is Angel’s 2nd birthday! I was able to take today off to spend it with my baby girl and Pat surprised me and took the day off too! We don’t have alot planned other than family pictures at 11:30. It wasn’t going to be family pictures just some shots of the babies but we figured since we’re there we might as well get a family picture too. I’m a little stressed about it because last time we went there (JC Penny) they turned out really crummy. Unfortunately they are very cheap and so we’ll have to make do and I’ll just pray the babies are super happy. It’s looking good though because as I write this both babies (and Daddy) are sleeping!
2. I was also bummed about taking a family picture because Princess wasn’t able to come home this weekend. Well guess who came waltzing in the door last night:
Princess and Prankster! What a wonderful surprise. They are here for the whole weekend and I’m so excited they were able to come. Angel’s birthday wouldn’t have been the same without them.
Princess is feeling alot better. She still has a long road of healing – probably the hardest part is the up and down of Mono. One day she feels amazing and then the next day she’s hit hard again. Thanks for your continued prayers!
3. We aren’t doing a whole lot for Angel’s party. She loves butterflies and so we are having her party at The Butterfly House. It’s a neat little place that has…yes, you guessed it… butterflies! But there are also a few other rooms with other animal displays and a play room. The butterflies are so tame they usually land on you. Which is very creepy but Angel loves it. This was at the butterfly house last year (sorry bad picture):
We’re keeping it simple. Invited just family and a few close friends. We’ll have cake and ice cream, open presents and then go on a tour of the butterfly house. Angel is very excited though. She’s been counting down the days and also reminds us multiple times a day that she is going to have birthday cake. Pat better come through for us ~ he’s convinced me that he wants to make Angel’s butterfly cake.
4. We had a close call last night.
For the past four nights Angel has been waking up at 3:00-3:30 am wide awake wanting to read her books or play. The good thing is that she will usually stay in her bed and just cry for us. She doesn’t get out of her bed.
Last night we decided to let her “cry it out” a little. She doesn’t really cry too hard, just kind whines and whimpers. She started that at 3:30 am. I waited probably just 5 minutes and she went back to sleep. Or so I thought.
At 5:30 am I heard her crying again. I decided to just go get her and put her in bed with us. When I opened her bedroom door it was about 150 degrees in her room. Turns out she had gotten out of bed, turned up her space heater and for some reason moved her little chair right next to the heater. This is what I saw when I went in there:
The chair was very very hot. And it seriously felt like a sauna it was so hot in her room. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what could have happened. If she would have put one of her plastic toys next to the heater it surely would have started on fire. Thank you Jesus for protecting our baby girl – and the rest of us!
And I guess it’s probably time to eliminate her morning nap. Not sure if that’s why she feels the need to get up in the middle of the night or not. And we definitely need to come up with an alternative to the space heater! And I will probably never let her “cry it out” again!
5. I was writing a devotion the other day for our youth group blog and I was trying to find the scripture that says we need to be in the world but not of it.
Do you realize there is no scripture that says that? At least I couldn’t find it. I looked up every single scripture with the word “world” in it. There are many verse that imply that – to be in the world but not of it – but I always thought that was an actual Bible verse.
If there is a verse with those actual words let me know!
6. Angel does not like chocolate. No really, she doesn’t. And I also did not let her have four Dove chocolates right before bedtime.
And she does not lock herself in the bathroom with the light off. Because that would really annoy her mommy and she’d never do that.
Did I mention that she does not love chocolate. She also doesn’t love our friend (and one of her babysitters) Gloria. Really, she doesn’t.
7. Because I can’t get enough ~ here’s my little man earlier this morning as we played together in our jammies (because I have today off!).
Have a great Friday and a great weekend! Head over to Conversion Diary for more quick takes.