1. Brrrr. In case no one noticed, it’s cold. -17 degrees at this current moment. That’s the temperature not wind chill. It’s days like these I so wish I could stay home and cuddle with my kids.
2. And soon I’ll be able to do just that!
I gave my resignation yesterday at my current job. I work for our church and I absolutely love it. But I’ve known for the past 2 years that my heart’s desire has been to stay home with the kids. As you might have read about here a few months ago all hope was lost that this would ever happen.
But then over Christmas God laid it on my heart to step out in faith. I applied for two positions, both of which I’d only have to work three days a week, and I got both of them. How awesome is that. God just totally knocked my socks off.
Next week I’ll share a little more about my thoughts on leaving my current job and where I’ll be going. I’m sad. And excited. And just praying for a -17 degree day the first Thursday morning I’m home so me and kiddos have a good excuse to cuddle in bed!
3. Caleb has been feeling rotten the past few weeks. He’s had a bad cold, very icky nose and I’m pretty sure alot of it is teething. He also is still very attached to his bottle and refused to use a sippy cup, unless of course there’s Root Beer in it. I think we’re just going to have to bite the bullet and do a hard cut off. Not looking forward to that.
4. On the other hand Angel loves her sippy cup. And we’ve always let her take one to bed with water. That’s going to have to change as I get a little more serious about potty training. Not looking forward to that.
5. I’m going on day 3 of no pop. I know, that doesn’t sound too impressive, but it’s huge for me. Recently I was up to drinking 2-3 a day, Coke being my drink of choice. But I’m on a mission to lose weight – no really – and also just get healthy. So far the major headaches have been pretty major but it helps to drink water and I think I’ve been doing a good job of that.
6. Princess goes back to college this weekend. It’s been such a blessing to have her home for a few weeks. Her and her mom have been making good progress and plans for the wedding. The other night her and Prankster came over and we played the game “Things”. It’s kind of a new game and it was so fun.
And this is where it gets a little crazy.
One of the questions was ‘What is something you hope you can still do when you’re 85?”
Pat’s answer was “my spouse”.
7. Do you have any regrets? Next week I’ll share a little bit more about my thoughts on that. (Thanks to Erin for this link).
Stop over to Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes. Have a great weekend!