1. Today was my first day on the new job. It went really good. Well other than the fact that my brain hurts and I have a major headache. I’m now working for JDS, the same company I worked for before I went to work for our church three years ago. When I worked at JDS before, I was the Asst Manager and Training Manager in the call center but this time around I’m a Customer Service Rep so I can work part-time.
2. I was almost late for my first day. Our alarm goes off at 5:30 am but I fell back to sleep and for some strange reason both kids slept in. So I woke up at 6:30 am and we had to be out the door by 7:30 am. Yikes. But we made it and I’m pretty sure no one even shed a tear.
3. Today was the first time I’ve clocked in to a timecard system in over 7 years. That was weird.
4. I have a 30 minute lunch. It felt like 6 minutes.
5. I missed my church co-workers today. I really missed staff devotions they have every morning before starting the day. I’m even more challenged now to keep myself immersed in God’s Word.
6. My husband also works at JDS. I saw him twice today. It was weird. Good weird.
7. At the church we had Mac computers. Really nice Macs. At my new old job I’ll have a Thin Client which is a step down from a PC. That’s very weird. And not really in a good way.
8. My day consisted of a few hours of training in the morning, listening to phone calls, entering test orders and reading procedures online. Everyone was so helpful. I was also asked alot if it was weird to be back. Well yes, yes it was.
9. Everyone thinks I’m wacko to work three-10 hours days. Yes I am. I’m a wacko in love with my kids.
10. Pat made us a yummy chocolate cake tonight. (You’re welcome for the random #10 thought.)