I think I might start a blog that’s nothing but lists. Wouldn’t that be awesome. Because of course I have nothing else to do.
1. Caleb had his 18 month well baby check up today. He weighed 27.5 lbs which put him in the 60th percentile. His length put him in the 90th percentile! What’s up with that? We were totally surprised because he looks so short and chunky.
2. Turns out Caleb can talk. We quized him this morning and wrote down all the words he can say and there’s at least 15. Doctor said 10 words is average for a boy at his age so he’s right on track!
3. We’ve been frustrated lately because Caleb’s skin continues to break out, especially on his hands. Well it turns out Caleb has really dumb parents. In the past two weeks we’ve had fried chicken and chicken nuggets twice. I don’t know how they make chicken in your neck of the woods but around here it’s made with egg. The part that Caleb loves and picks at for hours, the crunchy skin, is made with egg. Seriously, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Well thanfully we finally realized this and so hopefully his hands will get better.
4. The potty training continues with Angel. She does really good one day and then the next day she doesn’t do so good. Lately she’s been wanting to go to the bathroom every 2 minutes. But she doesn’t go. And then 2 minutes later she’s adament that she has to go. We repeat that process for at least an hour. And then there are other times when she wets herself every 15 minutes. But then some days she can hold it for hours. Not sure what that’s all about. Any experienced potty trainers out there have any tips feel free to share.
5. For the past few weeks we’ve been trying to be committed to all sitting down to eat breakfast together and we’ve also been reading out of this devotion book:
At first I thought it was kind of a lame devotion because they are really short but I realized that it’s perfect for my 1 and 2 year olds and I shouldn’t worry about doing something all complicated that they won’t get. So usually Pat and I take turns and it turns out my hubby is a pretty good singer. Ya, it’s a singing devotion. The kids love it though and they are learning about Jesus so we love it too.
6. I’ve been so tired (and crabby) lately. It’s very frustrating because I thought this whole exercise thing would give me alot more energy. And the eating heathly – that’s gotta count for something. Instead of ice cream and chocolate cake I’m eating celery and you’d think that would give me some sort of super power. Well I’m determined to stick with it so hopefully I’ll feel like I have more energy soon.
7. Part of my crabbiness lately is this overwhelming feeling of having so much to do and getting SO frustrated that I never get any of it done. Do any of you feel that way? I know I said I heart lists but my to do list is so long it’s gotta be a world record. I’m not sure where to start to tackle it so I just do nothing and then I get more frustrated and overwhelmed. I know I just have to keep on keeping on but sometimes hiding underneath the covers of my bed forever seems like a much better solution.
8. Please pray for a dear friend of mine who is in alot of pain. Her and her husband were chosen to parent a unborn baby but last week when the baby was born, after they spent time with the baby girl, the mom of the baby changed her mind. My friend and her husband are the adopted parents to this baby’s brother and so they were so excited, as you can imagine. My heart just breaks.
9. Because of this crazy thing called exercise we haven’t been watching as much tv as we normally do. But three shows I never miss are Top Chef, Chopped and Next Food Network Star (unless of course my dvr revolts against me and doesn’t record). I guess if I can’t eat food like I used to I might as well watch tv about food.
10. I love this song. When Pat and I go Jeeping it’s the song I play over and over and then he gives me that look but I just smile and push play again.