Weekend wrap up

Posted on

It’s 7:00 pm on Sunday night and the kids are in bed. Pat and I are ready to call it a day. It’s been a long (awesome) weekend.

Friday night my parents were in town and they treated us to crab legs. At home. Pop ’em in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and you have amazing, yummy crab legs.  We also had fried potatoes on the grill,  peas and beans from our garden and a veggie filled salad with more veggies from our garden.  We didn’t do much else on Friday night other than watch the weather as a big storm was coming our way (but thankfully turned out to not be too bad).

Saturday morning Pat had a geocache event and we were going to provide lunch for everyone that attended. We weren’t sure how many were going to come and so he left at 9 am to go geocaching while the kids and I cleaned, ran to the store and worked on preparing food for lunch.  Honestly the kids didn’t really help. They had meltdowns and fought and tried my patience. 

Midway through the morning I thought Elmo would save the day but we don’t have a remote for our dvd player and I couldn’t get the thing to play.   Angel kept saying, “I want to watch Elmo!” over and over and over. She can’t quite grasp the concept of only needing to tell us something one time.  I eventually threw the remote across the room (in my head) and we went to the store where I broke the bank and bought Tinkerbell with hopes that it would play when we got home.  Thankfully it did.

After all the cleaning and meltdowns and cooking, it turned out no one was able to come for lunch after geocaching. I guess I ended up with a clean house so that was ok.

Pat was home from geocaching at 1:30 pm or so and after lunch (burgers, potato salad and fruit) it was nap time for the kiddos (and me). After nap time we went on a Jeep ride with the top off. It was a beautiful summer day. Mid 80’s but not humid like it has been all summer. It was perfect for cruising in the Jeep.

We stopped at Taco Bell for a cheap, healthy supper. Seriously. $13. I had a fresco taco and Pat had a fresco burritto. The kids shared a taco and fiesta potatoes. We all shared nachos with cheese. And a soda. So maybe it wasn’t completely healthy but not too bad for Taco Bell. 

After supper we went and played tennis!  I mentioned on Pat’s blog the other day that we did this and it’s a new favorite exercise/fun activity. The courts we go to (by WHS for those in our town) have two courts in each area and you can close the gates so the kiddos can’t escape. It’s perfect for us to be able to play tennis and not worry about them getting into trouble.  We are looking forward to our next date though when we can play without the kids because this time they kept running onto our court.  We still got a good workout though.  

After tennis we went to Target so Pat and I could each find an inexpensive pair of exercise shorts. I also found some great deals on clothes for Angel and Caleb. Two dresses for $3 each and shorts and shirt for $1 each. Gottta love that!

It was already 9 pm by the time we left Target but since it was such a beautiful night we wanted to have a fire and let the kids stay up too. While I got their pj’s on, Pat got the fire going. The kids were so excited although Angel was a little confused and kept saying that we were going to have fireworks. We enjoyed a snack of popcorn and enjoyed the beautiful night. We used the back seat from our van for the kids and it was perfect.

Mesmorized by the fire…

Daddy and kids…

Mommy and kids…

Sunday morning was church and then home for the kids to take short naps and lunch (bbq’s, potato salad and fruit). After lunch we got packed up and headed out to our local water park for our work summer party. We had an all day pass to the water park including all the rides. I’m sure I’ve shared before how much Angel loves to swim and so it’s so much fun to take her to places like this. She just loves it. Caleb is finally relaxing a little around the water and after 10 minutes or so he was swimming and splashing too and even went down the whale slide a couple times.  Pat and I also enjoyed a few adult games…we each did the batting cages and then Pat and Angel rode the go-carts.

At 5:00 pm we had a dinner, provided by our employer, and then we swam for a little bit longer before heading home.  I didn’t take pictures at the water park and at first I was a little frustrated but at the same time it was really nice to just play with the kids and not worry about taking pictures or keeping my camera dry. Pat did take a few pictures with his phone though.

Caleb giving Mommy a “big squeeze”…

Angel and Mommy…

I love these curls!…

And here we are. It’s now 9:30 pm (no, it hasn’t taken me 2.5 hours to write this, just interrupted by laundry and Food Network Star) and the kids are still sleeping. They have never went to bed at 6:30 pm so I’m praying they don’t wake up at 4 am.  We had a busy but fun weekend. For the most part I didn’t blow my eating healthy habits too bad. I advanced to level 2 of the 30 Day Shred (and didn’t die).   I didn’t take as many pictures as I would have liked but I have pictures in my head and we made some great memories.  And just in case I do get a 4 am wake up call, it’s time for me to say goodnight too.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s