1. Angel starts pre-3’s preschool today. I KNOW! When did that happen? She’ll be going every Friday from 9:00 am – 11:30 am. I am very excited for her to get more interaction with other kids and learn more about Jesus.
But seriously wasn’t this just yesterday…
2. We interviewed a daycare yesterday for the kiddos. With winter coming it will be harder for my sister to come every week and we also thought we’d give our cherished friend Gloria a break from watching the kids every week. We also think it will be good for them to have more play time with other kids. They would be at this daycare two days a week and then they’d still go to Grama Barb’s three days a week. I really liked them but it’s a little bit of a drive from our house. I’m hoping that Pat will agree to it though because I think it’ll be good for the kids.
3. This Sunday is our training deadline. The 5K we had originally set our sights on running. Pat is ready to kick some major rear. I, on the other hand, am not. Earlier in the week I was thinking I wasn’t in shape enough. But I ran on Tuesday night, probably 2.6 or 2.8 miles and I felt amazing. My knee was hurting pretty bad so I iced that when I got home. Then last night I was going to run but my groin/hip/something in that area was really hurting. I’m not sure where that came from but it was really frustrating. So I’m going to try to go out tonight and see how it’s feeling. My brother and his cross-country team man one of the water stations for the marathon and they win every year because they are so awesome and encouraging. So if I don’t run the kids and I can help out with that and that will be fun too.
4. In addition to turning into training superman Pat continues to shed lots of pounds. I think he’s down to 190. I haven’t weighed myself in a few days because I gained a few pounds after our weekend trip. But I’ve been doing good the past few days and my clothes continue to get looser. (Is looser a word?)
5. Have you tried My Plate? Seriously, it’s so amazing. What’s most amazing is realizing how many calories we used to eat. I can’t even believe it some times. I want to do a post soon on details of My Plate so if you’re unsure if it’ll help you, that might encourage you to try it.
6. Did I mention that Angel starts pre-school today? Many pictures to come of course. Have a great weekend!