Yesterday we shared our story. I was dreading it. I’m not sure why since I’ve shared it here, I’ve shared it with women at our Women’s Retreat. But I was so fearful and ashamed and I didn’t want to. But Pat was confident – not in himself or us, but in the healing power of Jesus and the work He’d done in our life. And I am too but still I dreaded it. Of course it went great. Our group was smaller which perhaps was a blessing. We shared and had open, honest conversation. And hopefully encouraged and drew nearer to Christ.
Every day it comes to mind. And every day I marvel at the love of Jesus. I know I talk of it alot, perhaps too much and it gets old but it will never get old. To be rescued from a pit of despair and hopelessness? I will never forget. Lord, let me never forget.
Beginning today I’m counting towards 1000 gifts of thanks along with others at A Holy Experience.
1. the love of a Savior, especially when I least deserve it
2. a husband I cherish and fall more in love with every day
3. playing tea party with Angel
4. advil for Pat’s awful headache
5. birthday supper with Grandma Barb
6. the feel of warm laundry out of the dryer
7. sharing chocolate malt o meal with Pat
8. a little boy and girl potty training and running around in underwear
9. snuggling under covers
10. bubbles in the tub
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. Psalm 9:1