1. If you’re reading this from a feed reader you’ll have to click over to my blog to see my new design. As you know I have a tendency of changing my theme every month or so but I’ll be sticking with this one for awhile, since, well, I paid for it (WordPress premium blogs). But that’s ok because I love it. When I think of “Grasp the Love”, it’s exactly what I think of and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (Yes, I need to get a life.)
2. What’s with the color red?
Red horses. Red dogs. Red hair.
I decided the other day to color my hair. As I mentioned I have yet to find a gray hair but still, I thought it would be a good idea
to waste money to waste time to have to color my hair every six weeks to have a fun bonding experience with Patrick and Angel.
Angel and I went to the store for a few other things and found ourselves in the hair color section. I originally picked a light red color but then saw a darker red that I liked. Angel approved of the darker red color and so we went with that. Later that night I asked my hubby if he would help. Even though it’s his responsibility to prevent me from messing with my hair he said he’d help and away we went.
So he and Angel assisted in the hair coloring fiasco. And then he took pictures of me. The scoundrel.
Well guess what color my hair is now.
Red. (Kinda. Not really.)
And just like I did after my hair cut I’m having colorer’s remorse. Even though Pat says he likes it and even though Angel loves it. She likes to play with it and say, “but my hair is redder mama.”
3. As I mentioned here we’re in the middle of a cable revolution. We started with premium cable/dvr. Then we went to just regular cable and tried a free month trial of Netflix. Then we went to no cable and no local channels because we didn’t have an antenna. Now we have limited cable which is about 15 channels (none of the good ones I might add), although for some reason one of our tvs gets more channels. (Not sure what that’s about.) And we’ve cancelled our Netflix. We are still alive and doing just fine.
4. We had some friends come over last week for a play date. It was a beautiful day outside and we had a great time playing downstairs, playing outside, enjoying lunch outside, swinging and blowing bubbles!
5. We had a play date yesterday too! Just us and one other family but it was so much fun. Even though it was our 112th trip to the zoo, the kids love it and it’s always great to get some adult conversation. I’m kind of a homebody hide away type person but it’s been so great to spend some time with other moms.
6. I improved my running pace by one minute. Oh yes I did. Wednesday morning I set out and decided that instead of following Hal’s guide to kick it up a notch I would just kick it up a notch and see if I made it out alive. It wasn’t easy but I did my 2.5 mile route in 27 minutes, which is a 10.8 minute pace compared to my 12 minute pace. Yesterday at 2:00 pm in the 400 degree heat I ran 1.5 miles at 10.5 pace. Woo hoo!
7. Pat was given a $500 gift card to AAA for celebrating his 20th year at his job. Originally we were going to take a little trip with just him and I but everywhere we thought of going we thought about all the fun the kids would have. So we came up with a compromise that I think will be great. In the middle of July we are going to go to Omaha and bring my parents along. That way we can have a couple days of family stuff and then have at least one day/night with just me and the hubs while Grandma and Grandpa wrangle the kiddos. We are excited about going to the zoo but haven’t decided on anything else yet. Anyone out there familiar with Omaha that has some good recommendations for family stuff?
8. Sometimes you need to stop and make funny faces in the bathroom hand dryer.
9. The ladies at the gift shop in the hospital where I work know me well. Unfortunately. Almost every time I work I stop in and get a popcorn ball. Last night the cashier said, “I think you should take one of these,” and handed me a frequent buyer’s card. Buy 9 popcorn balls, get 1 free.
10. Life. Is. Good.