My guest blogger today is my friend Angie.
Angie and I go way back but it wasn’t until the past few years that we’ve become friends. She has been such a huge blessing to me. An example of God’s love. An encourager. A fellow mom of little ones who don’t sleep. And a marathon runner.
The big difference between us is that she runs full marathons. And she runs them fast.
She sent out an email this week and I wanted to share a few tidbits from it (with her permission) because I thought it was great! Now granted, some of you don’t know Angie and so it’ll be difficult to cheer for her on Sunday, but I’m pretty sure her suggestions apply to all who will be running. And I know I’ve only talked about the half marathon but there are at least 300 running the marathon and they need lots of cheers too!
Hello loving friends and family!! The Sioux Falls marathon is (less than) just ONE WEEK away, and I am getting excited! OK, so I am probably getting a little nervous, which is making me obsessive. 😉 My training has been very solid this cycle, so I can’t wait to see what happens. I thought I’d share some info with you about the race!
- The marathon starts at 6:45AM at Howard Wood field.
- My goal is 3:35. If everything comes together, I truly believe I can do this!
- I need your help! I would LOVE it if you could come cheer! Obviously, some of you are not from the Sioux Falls area. In that case, I am counting on your prayers so I can make it through this.
- Spectators are welcome to bring signs that say, “Go Angie!” or other inspiring things…may I suggest some of my favorite running Bible verses? Have fun looking them up!
Hebrews 12:1, Philippians 4:13, Romans 15:5, Proverbs 4:11-12, 1 Corinthians 9:24, Proverbs 16:3, Galatians 6:9, James 1:12, Psalm 118:24, James 1:2-4, Colossians 3:17, Philippians 3:14, Matthew 7:7-8
- Make my day (and the other 300+ marathoners) and give out jelly beans, orange slices, or freeze pops (make sure they are open!) somewhere on the route! Bring a boom box (or your trumpet!) and entertain the runners with some sweet music.
- Here is a link to the SF marathon route: http://www.siouxfallsmarathonhalfmarathon.com/content.cfm?ContentID=2
- If you are running the half marathon and can come back to cheer on the marathoners….please shout out your time when you see me! I will be so excited to hear how it went for you!!!
In regards to number 7 on your list, I probably won’t do that. Because there’s a good chance we might finish at the same time. Even though you’re running twice as far as I am. But I think that would still be awesome!
Have a great race friend! Thanks for your great tips!