This post will be an attempt to get some things off my chest. And
possibly probably bore you with pointless thoughts about random things. Fun, huh!
Let us begin.
1. Am I the only one that sees a resemblance between my brother Jim and Justin Timberlake? He could seriously be a stunt double or something.
2. Speaking of my brother Jim, he and his wife have already had quite a travel adventure! They got stuck in Chicago because there were strikes at the airport in Germany. They stayed the night on a comfy bench in the airport and are now in D.C., hoping to fly out to Germany at 10pm tonight. I think that’s probably a 10 hour flight and then from there they have a 12 hour flight to South Africa! Prayers are much appreciated for them!
3. For the past year, at least, we haven’t had the kids in booster seats at the table. I finally had a complete breakdown the other day and in the middle of eating lunch, well actually not eating lunch because we were running around like crazy animals, I packed up the kids and drove to Wally World determined to find some type of booster chair that would work. I found this one. We love it. The kids not so much. (The picture is just play dough time so I don’t make them buckle.)
4. Who says those dollar stores sell nothing but junk? No one? Ok, good. Because I found something at The Dollar Tree that is amazing. These rubber bands. Angel has such thin hair and I’ve never been able to find any that stay in her hair. These are perfect. They don’t tie so tight that, well, that it’s too tight. And they don’t get loose at all.
5. Epic fail.
Ok, not really. More like answer to prayer. But I was still pretty discouraged today when I got my rejection letter for the nursing program. I didn’t have a very good GPA for my general classes (taken 15 years ago when I got my first Bachelors) so I kinda figured I wouldn’t get in this time. But I was still hoping with my good grades this semester, somewhat good score on my exam and good references that I’d get in. And it just doesn’t feel good to be rejected! As far as an answer to prayer goes, I found out a few months ago that they are getting rid of the 2-year program and this fall will be the last class. I’ve been thinking about just getting my 4-year right away anyway because I have alot of my generals done. So it turns out that’s what I’ll have to do anyway.
6. My children are beating the crap out of each other right now. At what point should I intervene? I think I usually intervene too soon and don’t give them an opportunity to work it out. But then again, it’s very likely they might kill each other.
(4 hours later.)
My word, that was fun. (Not.) Caleb can be such a bully. I used to be one of those people who would judge parents whose kid was a bully. Why don’t they do something about it, right? Well, let me tell you. After the last 9 years of adventures I’m the last one to judge anyone about anything. Parenting is hard. Marriage is hard. Life is hard. And sometimes after many many years of praying, God says yes and blesses you with a wild, hyper, strong-willed, rebellious little boy. There’s a fine line between breaking his spirit and personality and having a little peace in the house! It brings us to our knees though and Lord willing he’ll use that spunk to bring glory to God!
7. Lucky for them, all they have to do is shine their silly smiles and I go weak in the knees. So thankful for my kiddos.
8. Both of our cameras are junk and so this weekend we bought a new one. It had some pretty cool features on it. Like this:
Hey there baby.
I say “had” because we had to return it today because I suck at keeping us on budget and we realized now was not the time to buy a new camera. Thankfully it was one of the few times I kept the receipt. So, I hate to break it to ya, but we’ll be back to dark, fuzzy pictures in no time!
9. How bout we end on a good note? Overcome by Jeremy Camp.
Now we just have to believe it. And live it.
I believe Lord. Help my unbelief!